CALL TO ORDER
BOARD MEMBER ROLL CALL
- Brandon Muetzel – Energy Wise
- NOPD 6th District attended
Officer Gasper (Officer Butler’s boss)–
Officer Butler (Quality of Life) –
Officer Battaglia (Thefts) –
- Adrienne Katner – LSU Lead Study of water in the Irish Channel – Sign up: http://sph.lsuhsc.edu/leadstudy
- Night Out Against Crime – Tuesday, October 13 at Burke Park
Karen gave project update. Tracey’s has donated red beans and rice (vegetarian) with sausage on the side. ICNA registered the event with NOAC and NORDC. Bill picked up promo items. ICNA will supply paper products. Karen will provide list of items we need to post on FB for the public to volunteer to provide.
- Crime & Prevention
NONPAC meetings are now at 6pm. Meetings take place at the New Orleans CVB – 2020 St. Charles St.
- Land Use:
- Turnbull – demo complete
- Mayo – – CPC issued recommendation waiting for finals to be adopted
- 3139 Constance – no known movement after final resolution by city council
- 1013 6th Street – questions arose about property owner’s intent to live in the property as indicated in application.
- Mercy Endeavor – The pilings are in and structure work has begun.
- 2533 Tchoupitoulas – Already permitted within the rights of its zoning. Will be a bar with an outdoor garden bar space.
- HANO – Scatter sites will be renovated and placed into commerce through HANO.
- Mystic Krewe of Loup Garou – Seeking business sponsorship as well as general membership. Details to come before end of month.
- Exploratory Irish Channel Business networking group/directory
- Mercy Endeavors upcoming events – Halloween food truck fundraiser on Oct. 28. Jeremy posted to Facebook group.
- Community Outreach/Development:
- Introduction by K. Lois Colson-Casey
Lois presented the committee’s mission statement and vision. Halloween trail information forthcoming.
- Holiday Party- Jeremy and Nora will organize the event in lieu of a December meeting. Information forthcoming.
The Next Scheduled Meeting is Thursday, November 12, 2015 at 7:00 p.m.